Friday, January 19, 2007

Skirting Around the Sales Ball

Supposed to have breakfast cum sales conference session today at Traders Hotel but I missed the breakfast since I slept in late and reached when the conference was just commencing. Scheduling a global sales meeting at 745 am is helluva great way to waste time and miss sleep I assure, wonder which department head (or lack of) did the scheduling. Met B. Rodden, who was so ill-prepped he came to a global conference leaving his rodden namecards in Germany. Imagine. And Steve J's Boss...OMG has such slitty eyes, I'd swear he is the meanest Caucasian face I ever saw. I am smittened by this Finnish Kai (I am with Sabrina on this!) ! Well i like to imagine i lit up his view mirror too when we shook hands :)
My skirt's safety pin had to give up on me in midst of such a crucial event (that means they just don't work anymore). Doesn't pay dropping grams when your skirts are all in L sizes (not counting what expansion with each wash). PERFECT. The observant ones probably wonder what stubborn stuff this girl has in her pocket. Managed to slip behind Chapman most of the time... :)

It's puzzling they even want our presence given admin's insignificant position on the supply chain.
I dragged my almost lifeless body back to work right after that, knowing full well 4 hours' rest will scarcely last me the full working day and waited till the day was over, stifling the sleepiness that keeps threatening to override. Still gotta prep for dancing tonight! Been a real while since I had a decent outing that I actually consider fun. I really feel deprived!