Monday, December 12, 2005

Rationalising Shame

Kris is amazing. She really is what I would call the epitome of Uni gal. Confident, superb, uncontestable, nonchalant even in the face of competition (maybe I hardly am to her). I am amazed at how numb I can feel throughout the ordeal. Numb to reality, to shame. I think I am outdoing myself. I'd have performed better had there not been a wardrobe malfunction I suppose. But Kris is nice enough to cover up for me.
I wonder what it is like being her. Or not being me for a day. Ha...but we are all born ourselves. There is no point in wishing to be on greener pastures, it is only a waste of time in wishing. It is better to grasp the day and live life to the fullest, even it be on one's own.

But I really wish to continue this. It is a good way to forgo the self, and focus on what is more important, beyond the self. To belittle everything so that nothing matters anymore is the best way to find happiness in its raw self. That is all that matters, isn't it?