Monday, February 26, 2007

C is for Commitment

I have decided that i am a very committed person. If I wasn't before, I sure am now. If am not outside the social, I really am more so than you think cos Social is My Life; it is all that I live/lived for.

In very unrefined words, I pang-sehed* Rayner for dinner last night cos I promised Mum to be home for her vemicelli (which didn't turn out to be very good). In the afternoon, I accompanied Pauline on her first date with Malcolm, just because I made prior commitments; to the latter to help him get "hitched" and to the former a personal one.

*a Singlish colloquial for "upsetting the plans that others have made with you without informing in prior"

But I had really wanted to do dinner's with Rayner; we've been talking about it for more than a month now.
And I had really not wanted to assist anyone "do dates" (can't 2 independent adults manage a date??)

I can't rationalise why I don't seem to ever be doing the things I want to, nor how I keep getting caught with doing the things I don't want to; except to rest justification on that 'C' word.

Because i want to be Committed to lives of the people I love and nothing short of prolonging their states of happiness satiates me. Even when it means doing things I don't want to do, and not doing the things I want to do.

Oh and I love JM too, I pang-sehed not one but TWO groups of friends to join his family and colleagues on Saturday.