Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A week of Gameboy, Booze, Birthdays and Mahjong

Time for an update on last week :
First up last sunday; in my wildest dream will i only imagine how much fun i can have with EP, CH, HS and PX... Been awhile since i even considered giving in to the desires of catching up with them and look what happens when you overcome the self? A great time! Plus even greater memories to add to the treasure trove. Oh and to begin with, I don't even like hanging out on Sunday nights! I guess i really owe E.P. one for "one-up" (Gameboy term), wouldn't be so if she were absent! Kudos to friendship and the love betwn gurls! (thanks 10!)
It is a sure pity that HS and PX are no longer together, but he sure is his lighter self...can be lighter still though. Well, its up to EP from now though. That gurl...my head goes all ways when it comes to her...
Clocked an all-time LOW record of weekly talktime with JM. With his Koup Lion/Tiger stint, I've really decided (this time, with extra affirmation) that I am not one up for a relationship that is geographicall challenged. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"... Oh yeah, just the heart though, everything else distances; mindsets, ideas, aspirations, beliefs... Whoever penned the line really left out some huge reality gaps in favor of the romantic factor.
What else...Jaime celebrated her bday. With low-key grace... Anything for that lady though. Love you anytime, everytime. Guess you really hate the Carlo Rino bag. Damn! I'd have headed to pasar malam instead la. I'll ensure Pauline listens to me on the next! But I realise birthdays should no longer be viewed as a celebration-worthy ocassions, once one gets past the 21st mark. Every additional one actually celebrates a shorter road to the mortuary.! Quite macabre, but logically it's incontestable. No wonder protagonists are always hard to please, perhaps enjoying the day just is not meant to be.
The overnite mahjong's with the guys at Malcolm's has caused me to like the game less. Too much of a thing is never good. But I picked up the formal rules nonetheless...
Bought my first Gameboy consol, alright!!! 2nd hand yada, but Mario still blinks perfunctorily when he bends forth to unroot the mushroom, that's good enough on my standards! JM would probably consider it a mistake to get Advance since its the DS that allows for the former's game packs. Well, maybe I won't let him in on this tiny knowledge :))) Too bad I may never lay hands on the BIG 2, which was the initial motivation for the investment...But seems rewards are more than initially forecasted.
Made time for more shopping and the usual dieting, haven't boogied in awhile though, the reserves are depleting. Gotta top it up now that I just blew some 500 bucks on JM, Gameboy and booze. Oh heck, all for good causes, so no complaints. Oh wait, I still owe someone bread for a Phantom tic. I STILL DON'T BELIEVE IN SPLURGING ON OPERAS, gosh I better advocate that line more often.
Ann forgot its her bday today till Jill and Tracey 'congratulated' her on hatch-day. Wow, that gurl rox like no-one I've ever met before! Salute to her 0-hubris. Is it a really a good thing? Man, you decide. Nothing more interesting for updates. Will post one again soon.